To the parents/caregivers of Otaika Valley School,
PLEASE FILL IN THIS FORM (see link below) if there is a high possibility you will be sending your child to school if Northland is in level 3 during Term 4, 2021.
IT IS ESSENTIAL for the schools planning of staff bubbles to know the numbers of students who will probably be attending. Our staff are also essential workers with families, which limits our level 3 options for at school cover.
We pair a teacher with a teacher aid for a bubble of 10 and have limited options to release bubbles in the event of sick leave. Teachers who are onsite have limited ability to spend time doing the home learning for the rest of the class due to having up to 10 students in their care.
Once we set a bubble of 10 students with staff we cannot alter or mix bubbles.
This is why early information is required to plan effectively. Last time some families didn’t reply until they were confirmed to be working. This is too late.
The clear message from the Prime Minster that at Alert Level 3 schools will effectively continue to be closed for face-to-face learning, other than for the children of parents who need to go to work and have no alternative care options available.
LEVEL 3 ESSENTIAL WORKERS CHILDREN / ESSENTIAL WORKER-TEACHERS CHILDREN AT SCHOOL:
– Students who attend school during level 3 will be working on the same home learning programme as their classmates
– parents/caregivers are required to wear a mask onsite at school for pickups and remain outdoors
– teachers are unable to teach conventionally due to the 1m distance rule
– group family members together wherever possible.
– school open 9am to 3pm – no after school care
– no students will be accepted at school without filling in this form and receiving confirmation of attendance from the school principal
– no access to our school playground equipment
IF ANYTHING IS DIFFERENT – it is because we have not received the information at this time – it may change.
Link to form… https://bit.ly/term4level3