22 November 2021
Kia ora koutou
PLEASE LET US KNOW your intentions for 2022…
… so that we can plan next years classes to meet individual students needs as best as we can. We will be starting the process at next weeks staff meeting.
Therefore, parents/caregivers can help us meet the children’s needs by letting us know if they are NOT returning to school next year.
If you are a family that is moving on please let me know by emailing email@example.com.
This allows us to do the following…
The Process of organising classes
- principal takes out all students who are moving to Y7 or other schools/areas
- create an excel spreadsheet of students names, year level, existing class, DOB
- print and chop up names
- staff meeting – create class sizes based on senior class down into composites (Y5/6, Y5/4, etc)
- physically group children (paper copy only) together into a big jig saw based on age, year level on large tables
The hard part
- teachers then move children around based on academic/social factors/friends/students they clash with/behaviour
- this process takes considerable time and discussion
- when we get close to finished, students will be moved back/reorganised and discussed again and again
- class lists and teachers rooms will be published at the end of the year