28 October 2021
Kia ora koutou
Today the school is humming with all children busily preparing and finishing their exhibits for tomorrow’s Ag & Flower Show Day. The weather forecast is for around 21 degrees and to expect a few showers during the day – not that it really matters of course!
Below is a reminder about the Level 2 requirements with gatherings in our school…
Parents whose children do not have an animal for judging, please do not enter the school unless you need to speak with their class teacher, then please wait for them outside the classroom.
If you are entering the school, wear a mask whilst on school grounds and maintain social distancing.
LEVEL 2 – due to restrictions with gatherings – MOH
- Lambs and Goats will be judged at school in our pens
- The field will be cordoned off to separate the parents of children with lambs/goats from the rest of the school staff/children
- Only parents/or designated adult x2 per family of children with animals will be allowed on the field
- Vehicles for animals will be parked on the field
- Animals will be judged with only the parents of these children, with the school children and staff watching
- Ribbons and Cups will be awarded as soon as the judges decision has been made
- All Ag animals will be taken home by the parents after the short prize giving
- ALL OTHER parents unfortunately will not be able to attend Ag & Flower Show day – drop off of their children at the school gate only
- PARENTS will not be able to view the class exhibits
- Teachers will post each child’s exhibits to their seesaw account for family viewing
- Staff will run a normal sausage sizzle only on the day
- Quad bike rides are planned to go ahead – gold coin donation – nobody misses out
- Staff will organise some other activities for the afternoon
With regards to parents/caregivers who have school children with animals and preschool children:
Whilst we absolutely enjoy having preschool siblings spend the day here at school, we respectfully request if you have alternative childcare available, to please make arrangements to leave your preschooler/s with those caregivers. This is to ensure we keep our numbers low inside the classrooms for exhibit viewing.
Thank you for your understanding.
We look forward to having a great day tomorrow.
Terry and staff